Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thoughts...


Q orianka Kilcher Arrested at White house in Support of Peruvian Indigenous Rights from qorianka kilcher on Vimeo.

I can't help but be proud of Q'orianka, even though I know very little about her and the only thing that connects us is that we are both young people with Native American ancestry. It take courage to protest in a business like hers. It can turn off a lot of people and prevent job opportunities.

It brings tears to my eyes, what is going on. It makes me want a camera all that more. There is so much truth to be uncovered not only in more impoverished countries all over the world, but also here in my own country. Bermuda is apparently the third riches country in the world, and yet there are so many unhappy people here, including myself. So many people feeling misplaced in their own country. One day, I will explore these injustices, however, for now I offer you my quote for the month:

"Failure will never overtake thee if thy determination to succeed is strong enough"
-Og Mandino

I've written this quote on my arm to two days straight(Actually, thats a cool thing to take a picture of, expect that within the week ;D)and I read it to encourage me to get out of this rut that I'm in. I'll give it a month, so til January, to tell you if its helping me in anyway. I seriously hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment